A new mural inspired by the friendly monsters of the children’s classic “Where The Wild Things Are” is covering the former Guide Hall and Hut at Tarragindi Reserve at 31 Newington Street, Tarragindi – currently being used as artist studios by Jugglers Art Space Inc.
The mural will be launched as part of a free family-friendly community event, involving arts & crafts, a lantern walk, food and entertainment on Saturday 12th September from 3pm.
With the support of Arts Queensland, Jugglers Art Space Inc have commissioned Artist Gimiks Born [www.gimiksborn.com/ International freelance muralist, street artist, illustrator and graphic artist] To cover the walls with Friendly Monsters that will inhabit, enliven and inspire Tarragindi Reserve.
Councillor Steve Griffiths has further supported the Launch through the Lord Mayor’s Suburban Initiative Fund,
For an event open to all local families to take part in workshops, lantern and mask making and a Twilight Procession:
- Tarragindi Scout Den will run a Lantern Making Workshop for families as well as a Sausage Sizzle.
- Tarragindi Kindy will run a Mask Making Workshop as well as a Tea and Coffee Stall
- Jugglers Artists-in-residence at the Guide Buildings will open their studios to the public.
- Lismore Lanterns will supply three giant friendly Monsters to lead the procession at Twilight.
- The whole procession of Monsters Lanterns and Masks will move to the drumming of AFROBEATS from approximately 5pm.
For more Information please contact Jugglers Art Space Inc on email@example.com, or 07 3252 2552
This project is supported by the Queensland Government through Arts Queensland.
We hope you can join us for this fun event!