Gallery hire for exhibitions
Jugglers provides subsidised exhibition spaces for emerging and mid-career artists. Available spaces include the downstairs and upstairs galleries and 'The Loovre'. Click here to download a floor-plan of our exhibition spaces.
Included in the exhibition price (for any of Jugglers’ gallery spaces):
- A two week booking of the gallery space, including one day for installation and one for deinstallation.
- Supervision of exhibition during the standard opening hours of 10am-4pm Monday to Friday excl. public holidays (with option for artist/s to self-manage the space outside of standard opening hours).
- The administration of artwork sales on behalf of the artist. A 22% commission applies to all artworks sold as part of exhibitions.
- An ‘opening night’ event with a licensed, staffed bar, typically the first Friday night of the booking from 6-9pm.
- Standard exhibition signage for front window display.
- Inclusion in our fortnightly e-newsletter to 1700+ subscribers.
- Online promotion of your exhibition (website and social media).
- Basic materials (plinths, hanging tracks & wires, magnets etc), and basic tools for install / deinstall (spirit level, electric drill, touch up paint etc).
- The use of a fixed data projector (downstairs gallery only), trestle tables and chairs.
- Public Liability Insurance.
NB: A mobile data projector, and a full PA including stand, leads and microphones are available for a small hire fee.
2017 available dates
RARE combined Upstairs & Downstairs available 8th - 21st June 2017
DOWNSTAIRS Gallery (Suited to mid-career artists or group exhibitions)
- 8th - 21st June 2017
- 20th July - 2nd August 2017
UPSTAIRS Gallery (Suited to emerging artists)
- 8th - 21st June 2017
- 22nd June - 5th May 2017
- 6th - 19th July 2017
- 26th October - 8th November 2017
NB: Please note that due to a policy change, we only book exhibitions for two (2) week periods. The two (2) week hire includes installation and deinstallation dates.
2017 gallery hire fees (for exhibitions only)
Downstairs Gallery for 2 weeks: $1,350 incl. GST
Upstairs Gallery for 2 weeks: $415 incl. GST
Both Upstairs & Downstairs Galleries for 2 weeks: $1,570 incl. GST
'The Loovre' for 1 month (runs per calendar month): $50 incl. GST
NB: Venue hire for functions and workshops is charged at different rates. Please contact us with details for pricing.
How to apply
- Current contact details including phone number and email address
- An artist CV per exhibiting artist, detailing past creative experiences
- Exhibition proposal/statement, no longer than 1 A4 page
- Link to website/s and/or attached example images
- Which space(s) within Jugglers that you are interested in hiring
- The dates or approximate time of year that you wish to hire the venue
Early applications are recommended as we are often booked many months in advance. Artists working across all mediums and themes are encouraged to apply. A signed contract and a 25% deposit is required in order to secure your booking.
More information for exhibiting artists can be downloaded here.